Twitter has become the go-to platform for breaking news and information, but it cannot be easy to navigate. That’s where our team comes in! We’ve compiled five of our favourite tweets from the past month, all of which will help you get a better understanding of what’s going on in the world. So whether you’re just starting on Twitter or looking for a refresher, these tweets are perfect!
Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) Retweets a GIF of his father being prodded by a reporter.
Twitter Teamtrump Potusmorsemashable. Retweeted a GIF of his father being prodded by a reporter on Wednesday. Initially posted by user @Forensicator, the GIF has been widely shared on social media since its original posting in May 2017. The gif shows President Donald Trump pointing at a reporter and saying, “I didn’t say that.” In the tweet, Trump Jr. wrote, “This is our president doing what he does best.” The reaction to the tweet was mixed, with some users praising Trump Jr.’s comedic skills and others criticizing him for promoting laughing at someone’s misfortune.
Sean Spicer (@PressSec) Says the President Is Considering a Vetopower Over Nuclear Treaty.
Veteran White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer says President Donald Trump is considering vetoing the nuclear treaty with Russia. “The president has been clear that he is considering whether or not to disapprove of the treaty,” Spicer said during his press briefing on Monday. “He’s also looking at other options, including a potential power over nuclear weapons.” It would be a significant departure from Trump’s previous statements that he supported the treaty. The president has long been critical of U.S. nuclear weapons policy and has voiced concerns about their costly nature and diminishing capabilities. In January, he announced his intention to withdraw from the treaty but backtracked after facing significant backlash from Democrats and Republicans in Congress.
Kellyanne Conway (@KellyannePolls) Uses the phrase “alternative facts” to Defend Trump’s Twitter Attacks on the FBI.
Kellyanne Conway, a Senior Advisor to President Donald Trump and former campaign manager for his 2016 presidential run, has come up with a new way to defend the president’s Twitter attacks on the FBI. When asked about reports that Trump was considering firing special counsel Robert Mueller, Conway said that “Trump is using alternative facts” to make his case. “Alternative facts are not facts,” she said on ABC’s This Week. “They’re falsehoods.” Conway’s use of the phrase is significant because it reinforces the idea that Trump is using lies to justify his actions. The Trump administration has used alternative facts to justify other falsehoods, such as Trump’s claim that he won the popular vote in November.
Donald Trump (@realDonaldTrump) Tweets about yet another conspiracy theory
Donald Trump’s favourite tweets about conspiracies
1. “@Morse Morse: The Obama administration tried to discredit the Russian hacks by saying a foreign country did them. Turns out our people did them.”
2. “@realDonaldTrump: Why isn’t the Justice Department doing something about Hillary Clinton’s crimes? Investigate! #RiggedSystem”
3. “@FoxNews: Top intelligence officials believe Russia was behind the hacking of the DNC and John Podesta’s emails.”
Our favourite tweets from President Donald Trump on July 2, 2019.
1. “Looking forward to hosting the United States Marine Corps Memorial Service tomorrow in Arlington National Cemetery. Thank you to all the brave service members who have made the ultimate sacrifice.”
2. “Great news from NASA – Mars has already shown organic molecules! It means we may finally be able to find evidence of life on mars!”
3. “We are proud to announce that our economy is booming and creating jobs faster than ever! Thanks, Tax Cuts & Jobs Act!”
4. “Make America Great Again! #VetsForTrump #MAGA”